Request for Spiti Map - High res

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Nalin, Aug 14, 2017.

  1. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Hello Vargis,
    Thanks for this very informative blog.. I have to say, I'm much more better aware of the situation now and the drive!
    We are planning a trip in ten days, for about 2 weeks, by car (Ecosport). I come from Assam, so have driven in Northeast a lot. Then I spent 5-6 years in HP also, but have yet to visit Spiti side.
    I wanted to request if you could share a high-resolution map of the Spiti Lahaul region. The one on the website, which you ask to right click and save, still is low-res so there is loss of quality when zooming in.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nalin
     
  2. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    Hi Nalin - Emailed you the map in high resolution.
     
  3. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    This is perfect, Vargis. Thanks!

    Any recent updates on the road conditions (I see your webpage on weather/road condition, but was wondering if you had very recent updates)?
     
  4. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    You are welcome Nalin. Roads are all open but bad as always in Spiti.
     
  5. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Thanks for the reply, Vargis.

    I wanted to also confirm one more thing - I am traveling with my wife, and normally we do not make any pre-reservations on any road trips, as we like to stop at places we like and find a place to stay for a night or two. However, is there any place, along your ideal itinerary, that you suggest we might pre-book (say, by calling in advance)?

    Thanks,
    Nalin
     
  6. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    Hello Nalin - No need to book in advance. Follow your old rule, reach there and book on spot, it is always better that way. When are you traveling by the way? There was a recent massive landslide near Nako, closing the road between Nako and Kaza. Estimate is that it will take another week to 10 days for the road to reopen.
     
  7. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Hi Vargis,

    Got it..

    We're planning to leave Delhi on the 22nd. Do you suggest we delay the departure?

    Thanks
    Nalin
     
  8. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    I will let u knw tomorrow bhai ... Waiting for an update from my contact in Kaza
     
  9. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Ok brother, thanks a lot!
     
  10. deba

    deba New Member


    I have returned yesterday from Nako, there was a major landslide just 2 km after nako on 14 aug, should take time to clear. Locals estimated around a week to 10 days for opening. Work was going on to clear it.
     

Share This Page