Request for Spiti Map - High res

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Nalin, Aug 14, 2017.

  1. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    Nalin Bhai I just heard back from my contact in Kaza. They were able to clear the road enough to let motorcycles and cars pass by. Vehicles arrived at Kaza yesterday after crossing Nako. However I will still advise that you delay the trip by a week. There is a high chance that they may keep the road closed any day and then you will get stuck.
     
  2. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    Thanks Deba ... How were the road conditions in other part of Spiti?
     
  3. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Hi Vargis,
    Achha.. so we will take your advice, and delay our departure, say to around 28th.. Hoping roads become clear by then. And worst case, we will delay further to lave around 1st-2nd Sept, if further problems persist.
    Meantime, I will look to you to let us know in case there are any further development please?
    Thanks
    Nalin
     
  4. Vargis Khan

    Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

    Nalin Bhai latest that I got yesterday is that bikes and cars are able to cross but with extreme caution as the entire section is very risky and unstable. They are still working on it so I guess it will be Ok by the time you reach there.
     
  5. Nalin

    Nalin New Member

    Hello Vargis,

    Thanks so much for the update! We're looking to be in the region by around 1-2 September so yes hopefully things will be fine by then..

    When are you planning on doing the trip again?

    Nalin
     

Share This Page