Accomodations near pangong after 15 sep 2018

preet

Hi Vargis, greetings from Mumbai, so we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids who are 10 years old) travelling to Leh in the last week of Jan, 2022. For about 6 - 7 days. We would like to visit Pangong Lake. I do see an operator (World Attc) on travel portals offering tented accommodation there. Is this safe? Also do you recommend a day outing (tiring as it would be 5 hrs drive either ways) vis-a-vis staying over for the night (don't know if this would be wise considering the weather et al.). Do let me know your views. Thanks much, Preet

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Vargis, greetings from Mumbai, so we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids who are 10 years old) travelling to Leh in the last week of Jan, 2022. For about 6 - 7 days. We would like to visit Pangong Lake. I do see an operator (World Attc) on travel portals offering tented accommodation there. Is this safe? Also do you recommend a day outing (tiring as it would be 5 hrs drive either ways) vis-a-vis staying over for the night (don't know if this would be wise considering the weather et al.). Do let me know your views. Thanks much, Preet

Hi Preet - I really do not have any information about this operator. Staying at the lake will make sense but be prepared for extremely cold weather in the evening and the possible chance of AMS. I will advise against staying in a tent, to be honest. You should look for a guest house either in Spangmik or Merak.

preet

You are right. Better to err on the side of caution. I guess we'd look at a day journey, considering kids and all. Cheers!