Chopta-Sari-Deoriataal query

Amitava

Mr. Khan,

I am planning a trip, from Kolkata to Chopta (including Chandrashila & Tunganath) + Sari + Deoriatal + Sialsore in May '22.

Since I can reach Hardwar directly from Kolkata by rail, all my queries are Hardwar onwards :

My questions are:
a) is such a trip at all possible?
b) if the answer to 'a' is yes, then will you please suggest the correct order of the points of visit,
c) suggested duration of stay _and where to stay,_ at each point,
d) availablity & probable cost of transportation for such a round trip.

I will be accompanied by my wife and adult daughter.
Only after I receive your response will I be able to book our beds at the suggested locations.

Thanking you in anticipation...

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Khan,

I am planning a trip, from Kolkata to Chopta (including Chandrashila & Tunganath) + Sari + Deoriatal + Sialsore in May '22.

Since I can reach Hardwar directly from Kolkata by rail, all my queries are Hardwar onwards :

My questions are:
a) is such a trip at all possible?
b) if the answer to 'a' is yes, then will you please suggest the correct order of the points of visit,
c) suggested duration of stay _and where to stay,_ at each point,
d) availablity & probable cost of transportation for such a round trip.

I will be accompanied by my wife and adult daughter.
Only after I receive your response will I be able to book our beds at the suggested locations.

Thanking you in anticipation...

Hi Amitava,

1. Yes
2. Reach Rudraprayag first from Haridwar and stay there for the night. Then go to Chopta on Day 2 and stay there. Trek to Chandrshila, Tungnath and come back to either Chotpa. The next day, drive back to Sari Village and then trek to Deoria Tal for the night. Return the day after.
3. As suggested above
4. You will find a bus service from Hardiwar for Rudraprayag but will have to rely on shared cabs after that. Better will be to rent a private cab,