i am planing to go on 18 june. please guide me about srinagar conditions of stone peddling . how to plan to pass safely. we also want to visit pahalgam / srinagar/ gulmarg / sonamarg if its safe.
thanks for the prompt reply vargis. as we have planned to do hanle and tso moriri . do you think we should cover padum also. we just have 2 days for it. going and coming back. if the beauty of the way is too good then only we were thinking of adding it in our itinerary. please guide.
2. i have heard that leh to sarchu is very beatiful and not to be missed. but as i have planned to go tso moriri, the shortest route is from tso kar to sarchu. so should we take this route or we should go to upshi or leh and then to sarchu to enjoy that beauty.
Thks again for the prompt reply Vargis. you won't believe after going through blogs, forum answers i have got huge trust on your recommendations.
please guide me with the following 2-3 questions more.
1. earlier we didn't added padum but now if we plan padum then the itinerary is delhi-patnitop-sonmarg-kargil-padum-kargil-leh-leh-hunder-day trip to turtuk(night at diskit)-leh-pangong-leh-hanle-tsomoriri-sarchu-manali-delhi. but we have limited time and now we need to reduce 1 day. now if we dont get hanle permit then its reduced by itself . but if we get hanle permit then where should we reduce one day. should we reduce one day of sonamarg and do patnitop - kargil straight starting at 4am in the morning. and then also we will be having one day going to padum and one day coming back from padum to kargil.
2. we have one innova cysta automatic and one tata hexa. just wanted your feedback on these cars.
3. as the trip is very unpredictable we have not booked any accommodation. so are we right on our this decision to see and take hotels there and then. we are 2 family with 3 kids(12yr,10yr,8yr) and a driver.
4. what is there for drivers in this trip. do we have to take accommodations there . as my driver is okay in sleeping in the car. but is it okay to sleep in the car there in leh ladakh region.
5. last option , if we plan it through manali then is it better decision then going from srinagar and how do we get online permit without wasting one day in manali for it.
it seems that i am asking too much but your guidance is much needed here. thks again in advance.