Help Plan Srinagar - Leh - Tso Moriri - Manali

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by WandererFakeer, Jan 16, 2020.

1. WandererFakeer

WandererFakeer New Member

Hello hope you are doing great. On this year July, I, along with my parents are planning to travel to Ladakh.

After reading your articles and with some thinking, I have decided to enter Leh through Srinagar-Kargil, and exit from Jispa-Manali.

I have seen that the majority of people and travel companies put 200KM+ distances within 1 day, taking more than 8-10 hours, also I guess the tourists don't get proper acclimatized.

I don't like this kind of travelling. For me and my family, it's like going to a new place, and exploring the place and culture, rather than reaching a place at night and then in next morning, rushing to go to another place. Also thanks to your articles and detailed maps, I got the idea of the importance of adjusting to the weather and landscapes. So rather than rushing, I put a stop between those 200-250KM+ distances. Here I am attaching the stopovers I made. Will you please guide me through this?

I also read about some of your accommodation articles. But they are kinda old, will you please guide me about homestay/guest houses in each stopovers, specially in Lamayuru, Nubra/Diskit, Tangtse, Spangmik/Pangong Tso, Merak, Hanle, Tso Moriri, Pang/Sarchu, etc. with more or less clean place with more or less clean washroom? Because I will be travelling with at least 7 people for sure, including 2 people with age 60 years+, and 2 people with age 50 years+, there may also be a chance of total 15-20 people.

So I need sufficient place for at least the 7 people, and the more place available, the merrier.

About car, I actually want a driver, with whom we can have a contract from like Dras or Leh to Tso Moriri or Pang / Sarchu, like the same person will show us all the places from Dras / Leh to Tso Moriri, and will be with us up to the day we are reaching Tso Moriri or Pang / Sarchu, whichever the driver wants.

Also, if you could guide about the estimated average Per Head cost from Dras/Kargil to Tso Moriri / Pang.

I mean you can understand that we are going there for the very first time without other guide and without any tour company, with aged people. So I want to consult with you. After consulting with you, I will show the whole details with cost, accommodation, car charge, etc every details to my uncles and cousins, with whom I will travel along with my parents. They are much older than me, so naturally I have to have all the necessary details ready to show them.

I will forever be grateful, if you can help me from your busy schedule with all these answers.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Your itinerary looks great. I would not recommend booking a hotel in advance or to even take anyone's word for it anywhere on the route. Best would be to reach the destination, find one that you like, negotiate and check in, You will pay double the price if you book in advance.

In Leh, you can talk to Rohit @ 9999622213 or 9910722252. Stay at his hotel in Leh and Nubra Valley, it is good. For rest of the places, he can guide you.

For a cab from Srinagar, please talk to Hashim Ali at 7051909192 (Primary) or 9622222987 (Secondary).

For a cab in Ladakh, pleae talk to Nasir at 9906229203.

You can also ask Rohit to arrange your cab in Ladakh.

WandererFakeer likes this.
  3. WandererFakeer

WandererFakeer New Member

Thanks Vargis bhai for all these information

4. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Bhai !!!