Info about Shared Taxis

Discussion in 'Travel Agents / Tour Operators' started by isp2k13, Jun 20, 2018.

1. isp2k13

isp2k13 New Member

Hello,

I want to know if we can contact someone in Leh in advance to book for shared travel for taxis to nubra and other places?
    Also, want to know which would be the prime locations to book hotel in leh?

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

You cannot book shared taxis in advance. That is an on the spot deal which you will have to make after your arrival. For some good hotels in Leh, take a look at this post please.

http://vargiskhan.com/log/good-budget-hotels-in-leh-with-tariff/

3. isp2k13

isp2k13 New Member

Thanks much for your response. Could you also tell me how to go about after reaching Nubra using shared taxi. There are a couple of points around the valley. So will it be expensive to hire cab for local sight seeing in Nubra?

4. Vargis Khan

You can find a shared taxi from Leh bus stand every morning for Nubra valley. And then in Nubra, you can find shared taxis at both Diskit and Hunder. These days it is easy to move around. Lots of tourists and plenty of options, both buses and shared taxis.

5. isp2k13

isp2k13 New Member

Thanks for helping Vargis. So I will take a shared taxi from leh market to Nubra Valley and from the market place will take shared taxis for visits to other locations around :)
    Planning to visit Aug end - Sep beginning. Your blogs have really helped :)

6. Vargis Khan

You are welcome brother ... Do let me know how your trip goes after you return.

7. isp2k13

isp2k13 New Member

Sure thing Brother :) Hopefully the last questions - Can I get my ILP done without much hassle on the day I reach. I did read up about it on ur site. And since I am not resrving a driver, I was wondering if there are agencys which get it done for you with a lil bit of money. Usually if you hire/reserve a cab for the sight seeing the driver is the one who gets it done without having to stand in the que (was told to me)

8. Vargis Khan

It depends on what time you are rreaching Bhai but considering the kind of tourist rush this year, it would be hard to get it on the same day. You can try contacting a hotel in Leh and if they agree to arrange permits for you, book your stay with them,

9. Hitman25

Hitman25 New Member

Hello everybody and specially vargis Bhai,
    Great job sharing so much info .
    I'm looking for a shared taxi for my leg trip.
    I'm reaching leh on 15th Oct and flying back on 22nd and plan to visit nubra and panong with overnight stays.
    Any small family / couple looking for cost cutting with dates matching for shared taxis please reply.
    I'm going there with my wife and 7 year old son.
    Cheers

10. Vargis Khan

Bhai please start a new thread in the following section please.

http://roadragas.com/index.php?forums/travel-partners.20/

Make a post here and anyone whose timings match yours can reply.