Intended trip to Shimla Narkand and beyond from Jamshedpur Jharkhand

AMIT BANERJEE

Sir,
I am planning to make a trip to Shimla in the month of october'2018. I will be in a group of six people that is me my wife my son and my friend his wife and his son. I am 51 year young. We will be travelling by our Petrol Ertiga. We will start from Jamshedpur on 14th October. Will target to reach Shimla by the morning of 16th october. Will need your advise on further route. Which will be better Manali or Narkanda and beyond may be upto Kalpa. What do you suggest? Do you think I will be drive upto kalpa on those narrow roads. We intend to start our return journey on 20th Octber from Shimla.

Thanks and regards

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Sir,
I am planning to make a trip to Shimla in the month of october'2018. I will be in a group of six people that is me my wife my son and my friend his wife and his son. I am 51 year young. We will be travelling by our Petrol Ertiga. We will start from Jamshedpur on 14th October. Will target to reach Shimla by the morning of 16th october. Will need your advise on further route. Which will be better Manali or Narkanda and beyond may be upto Kalpa. What do you suggest? Do you think I will be drive upto kalpa on those narrow roads. We intend to start our return journey on 20th Octber from Shimla.

Thanks and regards

Hello Mr. Banerjee,

If you have some decent enough driving experience then yes, you can easily plan a trip to Kalpa and will be able to manage the roads. Your timings however are a bit strict and since you are coming from far, my recommendation would be that you reach Narkanda only. Spend some time relaxing and exploring in Shimla and Narkanda rather than driving for most part of your trip..

AMIT BANERJEE

Thank you so much for your very quick response. I have few more queries. Hope you will be kind to guide me on these.
Will there by any snow in Narkanda in october? Or shall I proceed towards Manali and Rohtang. Will there be snow in Rohtang in mid october? Please guide me. Also can you suggest some budget stay option in Narkanda.
Thanks and regards

Last edited:

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much for your very quick response. I have few more queries. Hope you will be kind to guide me on these.
Will there by any snow in Narkanda in october? Or shall I proceed towards Manali and Rohtang. Will there be snow in Rohtang in mid october? Please guide me. Also can you suggest some budget stay option in Narkanda.
Thanks and regards

Snow in Narkanda - No
Snow at Rohtang - Yes but only at top of the pass

There are several hotels in Narkanda, just take a walk around and check into any hotel per you liking.

AMIT BANERJEE

Thank you so much. Can you please suggest me which will be better, Narkanda or Manali Rohtang? Will it be wise to travel to top of Rohtang with Maruti Ertiga?
Thanks and regards

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much. Can you please suggest me which will be better, Narkanda or Manali Rohtang? Will it be wise to travel to top of Rohtang with Maruti Ertiga?
Thanks and regards

Local cab drivers do their daily trips in Maruti Also so yes, an Ertiga can make it to the top. If you want to see snow then Rohtang would be better than Narkanda.

AMIT BANERJEE

Thank you so much for your advise. Thanks a lot. I will keep you posted about my final decision. Also is there any contact no which I can call during my trip if I there is any urgent advise that I need.

Thanks once again and regards

AMIT BANERJEE

Sir,
I have more or less decided my itinerary and route. I will have to cross New Delhi on my way. Will it be very crowded during day time as I enter by the Yamuna Expressway and cross over towards sonipat? What time of the day will be best for crossing Delhi? Also if there is any other advise.

Hardeep Singh

Sir,
I am planning to visit Spiti from Amritsar. We will start our journey from 23 October 2018 via Shimla route and want to complete a circuit by coming back via Manali on 29 October 2018. My queries are:

1. Is it possible to come back to Amritsar via Manali route in the end of October ?
2. Is to possible to complete the circuit in 7 days starting from 23 Oct,18 to 29 Oct,18?
3. How should we plan to complete our journey within 7 days??

Kindly guide me.

Thanks & Regards
Hardeep Singh