Introduction

ladds4u

Staff member
Hi Members and Vargis Bhai.
I am Parminder from Chandigarh
I love to drive through hills
i have been following the forums for the last 1 year but i officially registered today.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Members and Vargis Bhai.
I am Parminder from Chandigarh
I love to drive through hills
i have been following the forums for the last 1 year but i officially registered today.

Hi Parminder Bhai - Welcome to RoadRagas. I can definitely use some help and inputs a fellow traveler like you. Glad to have you with us Bhai.

Hi!
I just joined the forum few days back and I am from Goa. I just completed road trip to Khojuraho from Goa covering 4000 kms. I am now preparing for Leh from Goa again a road trip at end of May this year. . I am just 65 and looking for inputs from the forum members!

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!
I just joined the forum few days back and I am from Goa. I just completed road trip to Khojuraho from Goa covering 4000 kms. I am now preparing for Leh from Goa again a road trip at end of May this year. . I am just 65 and looking for inputs from the forum members!

Hello Dr. Raykar,

Welcome to RoadRagas Sir.

Please let me know of any questions you have and I will be glad to help.

Also, will it be too much if I ask you to share some pics of Khajurao to Goa? I have never been there and would love to hear about your trip.

ladds4u

Staff member
Hi!
Welcome Dr. Vinay Raykar.
Thanks for joining.

Thank you 'ladds4u' and Vargis Khan!

Yes I have two questions; one is the self driven journey from Srinagar to Manali via Leh dangerous for a young couple like me and my wife? Second how do we know when the road between Srinagar to Leh is open (May 2018)? looking for your answer!

I have attached few photographs of Khojuraho as requested by you.

Attachments

• IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    504.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 1

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you 'ladds4u' and Vargis Khan!

Yes I have two questions; one is the self driven journey from Srinagar to Manali via Leh dangerous for a young couple like me and my wife? Second how do we know when the road between Srinagar to Leh is open (May 2018)? looking for your answer!

I have attached few photographs of Khojuraho as requested by you.

Amazing clicks Dr. Raykar. Thank your for sharing.

Regarding driving from Srinagar to Leh, it all depends on how your driving experience, specially in hills is. If you are good at wheel, know how to maneuver the vehicle, then by all means please do take it along. But I must ask which vehicle, your Mercedes?

Srinagar to Leh usually opens towards Mid to Late April. Considering this year has seen little or next to none snow so far, I think it is safe to assume that the road will open in April.

ladds4u

Staff member

Regarding driving from Srinagar to Leh, it all depends on how your driving experience, specially in hills is. If you are good at wheel, know how to maneuver the vehicle, then by all means please do take it along. But I must ask which vehicle, your Mercedes?

Srinagar to Leh usually opens towards Mid to Late April. Considering this year has seen little or next to none snow so far, I think it is safe to assume that the road will open in April.
Now all roads r closed except Shimla to Kaza..
Will post the road opening and road status accordingly.

Thanks!
I assume I am a good driver! I started driving school bus at the age of fourteen (learning) and has clean record till date! I love driving on hills and have been doing so!
I would be watching posts for road condition of course. I would be taking either Voyager or Kodiak. Certainly not Merc!

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks!
I assume I am a good driver! I started driving school bus at the age of fourteen (learning) and has clean record till date! I love driving on hills and have been doing so!
I would be watching posts for road condition of course. I would be taking either Voyager or Kodiak. Certainly not Merc!

Correct me if I am wrong Sir but I believe Kodiak has better GC than Voyager, correct?