Kolkata-Leh (9 Days) 11th October - 18th October

Pabitra Saha

Hello Vargis,
I'm very much thankful to you for your Spiti Guide. I travelled with my wife from Kolkata to Kaza with the accurate details you have shared with us. And we used only State Bus service from Delhi to Kaza. This time we are going to Kolkata to Leh with all your information posted here. After so much research we finally came to some conclusion that we can make a 8 days Leh to Leh itinerary. I would love to share. We will be renting bike after reaching Leh, and will do all booking in advance for staying in Leh, Hundar, DISKIT, Turtuk, Pangong and Tso Moriri as per your guidance. Hope everything will work fine. If not then it will be a memorable adventure too. Just confused with Tso Moriri whether to change it with Sham Valley or Hanle don't know still please advise if any. Here it goes like this. Screenshot_20210724_021728.jpg

rajkumar. r

Hello Vargis,
I'm very much thankful to you for your Spiti Guide. I travelled with my wife from Kolkata to Kaza with the accurate details you have shared with us. And we used only State Bus service from Delhi to Kaza. This time we are going to Kolkata to Leh with all your information posted here. After so much research we finally came to some conclusion that we can make a 8 days Leh to Leh itinerary. I would love to share. We will be renting bike after reaching Leh, and will do all booking in advance for staying in Leh, Hundar, DISKIT, Turtuk, Pangong and Tso Moriri as per your guidance. Hope everything will work fine. If not then it will be a memorable adventure too. Just confused with Tso Moriri whether to change it with Sham Valley or Hanle don't know still please advise if any. Here it goes like this. View attachment 9801
Perfect itinerary. But in my opinion i think it would be advisable if you stay one more day in Leh itself. ( DAY 3 ). That would be helpful for you in acclimatization and for local sight seeing. You can make Turtuk, a day's trip from Hunder and can return back the same day to Hunder or Diskit. This would save you a day. So your plan of 9 days would not be changed.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Perfect itinerary. But in my opinion i think it would be advisable if you stay one more day in Leh itself. ( DAY 3 ). That would be helpful for you in acclimatization and for local sight seeing. You can make Turtuk, a day's trip from Hunder and can return back the same day to Hunder or Diskit. This would save you a day. So your plan of 9 days would not be changed.

Hi Pabitra,

I will echo Rajkumar Bhai's thoughts.

1. You should add a day more and stay for one more day in Leh if possible. You can use it for local sightseeing and acclimatizion
2. Your travel time is incorrect for Pangong to Tso Moriri. It is easily an 8-10 hours drive at least via Chushul route. If possible, take a day out from Nubra Valley and break it into two days. Pangong to Hanle and Hanle to Tso Moriri.
3. I will change the itinerary like this

1. Leh
2. Leh - Sham Valley tour
3. Leh to Diskit / Hunder
4. Diskit / Hunder to Turtuk
5. Turtuk to Pangong
6. Pangong to Hanle
7. Hanle to Tso Moriri
8. Tso Moriri to Leh (If possible, via Tso Kar route)