Latest on good accommodations at Pangong and Tsomoriri for summer of 2020

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Anand Dabak, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Anand Dabak

Anand Dabak New Member

Hello Vargis,

We are looking at going to Ladakh in June of 2020 and will be visiting Pangong and Tsomoriri in addition to other places. I was trying to decide places to stay at these two locations, which seems to be a challenge. I will be with family and I am looking for something that is not necessarily fancy but clean, good food (vegetarian), proper insulation for cold and some hot water in morning.

I have read your blogs on stay at Pangong and Tsomoriri as below
    Accommodation at Pangong Tso : Hotels & Camp Sites - Vargis Khan
    Guest Houses, Camp Sites and Hotels At Tso Moriri - Vargis Khan

Both the blogs however look to be about 2-3 years old. I went through the google reviews for the different camps at the two places and sort of narrowed down the list to:

Pangong:

Pangong retreat: Tariff - Pangong Retreat Camp
    Alpine huts
    Pangong report and camp: Bookings – Pangong Resort & Camp

However the google reviews for all of the above are kind of mixed with several people complaining of unclean camp grounds etc.

At Tso Moriri the situation is even tougher, I was considering:
    Tsomoriri camp and resort: Tsomoriri Camp and Resort | 3 Star Property | Tariff | Photos
    Norling camp:

Again, the google reviews have been mixed about cleanliness etc.
    I wanted to know if you have more latest recommendations on places to stay at Pangong and Tsomoriri after 2016/2017?

Thanks
    Anand

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2020
  2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Anshul,

Please do not book accommodation or look for campsites in advance at both these places. The best thing to do is to find a place on the spot, negotiate an on the spot deal and check in. There is no telling about which ones of these will be good and the only assurance you can get for certain is the one on spot. Also, if you book these in advance, you will pay double the price.

3. rajkumar. r

rajkumar. r Member

Dear Anand,
    As Varghis bhai said , Don't book accommodation in advance for Pangong. There were lot of Camps, Guest houses in Pangong. We just went there September end of 2019. If you book in advance you will be end in paying more. Only thing is , you reach Pangong as early as possible in the day before 4pm. Then you will have enough time to enquire different options.
    We stayed there in a guest house just near to the lake. But I have missed their address card and also the name of it. It was around 1500/- for 2 of us including Dinner and Breakfast. Also hot water available in the morning and evening . For the camps they quoted us around Rs.2000/- but if you book through online you will be end in paying around Rs. 6000 - Rs 7000 for them.