offbeat himachal itinerary review

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Raktim, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Raktim

Raktim New Member

I am planning to visit Fagu, Narkanda, Rohru during the end of this year. I am going to prefer public transport wherever possible because it's just the two of us traveling. I am mentioning the rough itinerary below. If the experts in this forum can review and let me know the feasibility, I would be really grateful.
    1. We are going to reach Chandigarh/Kalka at around 11 AM on 27th December. From there I plan to take a bus from ISBT-43 to Shimla and then take a cab/bus from Shimla to Fagu. Night stay at Fagu
    2. Visit Kufri next day morning and head to Narkanda. If possible check out the HATU peak and O/N stay at Narkanda
    3. I plan to enjoy the skiing in Narkanda (may be Kacheri) and reach Rohru next day early (not sure if it is possible). My idea is to visit Chansal pass in Rohru; not sure whether this can be accommodated in the same day. O/N stay at Rohru
    4. If Chansal pass is not covered in Day 3, I want to undertake a trip/ hike to Chansal pass this day morning and return back to Kalka/Chandigarh.
    Please provide me the idea whether I should hire a vehicle from Shimla itself or get the HRTC buses as per the schedule. Or do you recommend hiring each day cab from every destination? If possible provide some guideline regarding the rate-chart for cabs at this time of the year.

PS: Bike and renting a car is not an option for us.

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

You are trying to push in too much for 3 days. Keep Rohru and Chanshal Pass out. The pass is closed anyways. You will have to add at least another 3 days if you want to cover Rohru and Chanshal. Just focus on Shimla, Fagu, Kufri and Narkanda. You will enjoy better.