Planning a trip to Kashmir from 13th January, 2020

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Atinder Singh, Jan 5, 2020.

?

Is it safe to travel in Kashmir?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Atinder Singh

Atinder Singh New Member

Hi Vargis.

How are you doing?

I’m planning a long trip with my cousin in my i20 to Kashmir on this 13th January. Request you to please let me know if the below itinerary is ok to go.

Day 1 – Ambala to Srinagar (610 kms) = Is it feasible to cover this much kms in one day? If not, please suggest where to take halt?

Day 2- Srinagar to Gulmarg (56kms) = Full day at leisure to explore Gulmarg. Visit the famous Maharani temple, St Mary’s church, Gulmurg Gondola. Night at Gulmarg(Hotel Affarwat) and can have something at Malik Hotel…. (anything left to be covered – please suggest?)

Day 3- Gulmarg to Pahalgam (140kms) = visit the very beautiful lidder river. What all are the places to be covered in Pahalgam. Please suggest?

Day 4 – Pahalgam to Srinagar (95kms) = Sightseeing to the famous shankaracharya temple, Mughal gardens, Nishatbagh, Chashm-e-Shahi gardens pari mahal.
    Evening enjoy the very splendid shikara ride on Dal lake and indulge in water sports on dal lake. Night In Srinagar Houseboat.

Day 5 – Srinagar to Sonmarg (85kms) = Night in Sonmarg.
    What all are the places to be covered in Sonmarg. Please suggest?

I have total 10 days in Hand.

Also suggest, except above mentioned locations, what is left in Kashmir that can be covered in January.

The main thing, is it safe to travel in Kashmir in the current situation?

Thanks in advance.
    Atinder Singh

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Atinder,

Sonamarg is closed so you cannot go there. That will have to be taken out. Spend more time in Gulmarg & Pahalgam and you can also break the journey at Patnitop between Ambala and Srinagar.

Day 1 - Amritsar to Patnitop
    Day 2 - Srinagar
    Day 3 - Gulmarg
    Day 4 - Gulmarg - Do the Gondola ride, hire a taxi and go towards Bota Pathri
    Day 5 - Gulmarg to Pahalgam
    Day 6 - Pahalgam - Visit Aru Valley, Chandanwari, Betab Valley
    Day 7 - Pahalgam to Srinagar - Sightseeing in Srinagar
    Day 8 - Srinagar to Aharbal & Back
    Day 9 - Srinagar to Yusmarg & Back
    Day 10 - Srinagar to Amritsar

And yes, it is OK to travel to Kashmir right now. But I hope you know that you cannot take your i20 to Gulmarg & Pahalgam. The roads are snowed out and you will have to hire a local cab (SUV with snow chains).