Please Validate the route and answer my questions

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by swadesh, Jul 27, 2019.

1. swadesh

swadesh New Member

Hi ,
    First , Thanks for creating a fantastic platform to put the queries.
    Me & my wife would be on a trip to leh ladakh from 30 aug to 5 sept and below are my questions.
    since we are 2 so cost is our area of concern

1. travel to nubra valley via khardungla ( some time stay at khardung la as well) is possible by bus and do we have daily return bus to leh from nubra ??
    2. same question as 1st but for pangong lake. do we have something to stay at pangong

3.can we get share taxi costing around 8-10,000 for nubra &pangong ?

4. Places I am planning to visit- Leh>khardungla>Nubra>pangong > magnetic hill> leh local sightseeing so all these possible via busservices?? ( thinking to save money)
    can you please suggest some more places as we are coming from far (mumbai) so dont want to miss out anything.

5. which cellular network is strong in all these places ?

6. can it happen .. leh > nubra > pangong> leh ???

7. are there any permist that we have to buy during this journey

8. our return flight is from sri nagar so whats the best way to go sri nagar.

2. Surya

Surya Active Member Staff Member

1 yes there is bus service but bus will not stop at khardungla pass. Although there would be traffic u can get down
    Travelling by bus is little hectic as they are not regular and reliable. Bus tickets you need to go to Leh bus stand and book a day in advance. And I'm not sure if the mentioned places have daily bus services.

3 . Yes u always get a shared taxi .

4. As you're having less time these are the main places to cover which you have already written in your itenary.

5. Airtel bsnl in Leh City and in other places only bsnl works that too with limited network.

6. Yes but not in a day.

7 yes you need to take Leh inner line permit i.e. 340 fee + 20 days per day

8. Only way to reach Srinagar is Leh Kargil.

For hotels in Leh hunder(nubra) pangong you can contact Rohit 9910722252

3. swadesh

swadesh New Member

Thanks for the replies surya , Can you please share some numbers for shared taxi to book them in advance .

4. Surya

Surya Active Member Staff Member

Don't have them as of now. Will check if I can get one

5. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

There are no numbers for shared taxis, it is an on the spot deal from the bus stand, much like you would catch a Bus