Road Trip to Spiti Valley - Last of April'18

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Anupam Bagul, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Anupam Bagul

Anupam Bagul New Member

Hey,

I am one of your religious followers, have wishing to go to road trip to spiti from alone time now. Although due to some or the other reason have not been able to go. in spite of all ODD i wish to go in the month of April'18 later part. for Which i have a few question. My kids want see snowing, they are wishing to catch snow. Can i get that in the month of April'18, if yes where in spiti can that be possible.

In addition, can a sedan be taken for a road trip to spiti. i mean a honda amaze (D) will be good for the roads.

kindly suggest, also suggest good and less terrain route too to me.

Regards,
    Anupam Bagul

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Mr. Bagul,

Thank you for your kind words. There really is not much of snow on Shimla to Kaza route which you will have to take if you travel in April. Your only chance of finding snow is either at Rohtang top or Kunzum top but for that, you will have to plan your trip in May and Amaze is not a good choice for that route.

3. Anupam Bagul

Anupam Bagul New Member

Hi Vargis,

I am writing to you after a long time. In last query i had shared my trip query for April 2018. and happy to inform that we did go for the trip and we went till Nako . Although owing to AMS we had to return back. In May 2019, again we went to spiti (on same Amaze D) we went till Losar village. As the roads were closed we had to return the same way. Although in Oct 2019, we completed our full circuit from Manali to shimla.

Now i plan to go chitkul in Feb'2020 first week (7-10 Feb ). Please suggest, again i will be having my Kids (16 and 08 years). home stay or hotels will be open in Feb.

also have attached a picture from my last trip. Picture was taken after pagal nala.

Regards,

Anupam Bagul

4. Anupam Bagul

Anupam Bagul New Member

Hi Vargis,

Waiting to hear from you soon as the dates are fast approaching. If not chitkul please suggest any other option.

Regards,
    Mrs. Anupam Bagul

5. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Mr. Bagul,

Chitkul is not open right now. The road is blocked by snow. Where are you traveling from?