Rohtang Pass Status 2019

Discussion in 'Road Status / Maps' started by Vargis Khan, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

The snowfall continues across the entire Himalayan region triggering avalanches at several places, specially in the snow-covered valley of Lahaul. The petrol pump at Tandi along with a hot mix plant of a road construction company were destroyed due to avalanches last week. Picture of the petrol pump after avalanche is posted below.

Widespread and heavy snowfall is causing roads to get blocked and restricting public movement in the rea. The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has started clearing snow from the highways. So far avalanches in Spiti have destroyed two motorable bridges, four dhabas, a Mahila Mandal building, a liquor shop and some machinery. More snowfall is expected in the valley in coming few days. .

2. Vargis Khan

3. Sravan Sunil T

Sravan Sunil T New Member

Hey, can you drop me your phone number, we a bunch of bikers are planning spiti circuit in may, hope you can give some valuable suggestions

4. Anas Moideen

Anas Moideen New Member

Sir,
    I am planning a trip to Himachal from April 12 to 22. If i were to shift Manali towards the end of the trip itinerary, say April 20. Would I be able to see Rohtang pass by then?

5. Vargis Khan

It is too early to say right now Anas Bhai but there are chances that it may get open by 20th April

Anas Moideen likes this.
  6. Vargis Khan

Sharing some pictures of a few more avalanches all across Lahaul, Spiti and Kinnaur Valleys. Received these on a Whatsapp group.

nako-2.jpg

nako-3.jpg

reckong-peo.jpg

7. Vargis Khan

Looking at the way the weather is trending and amount of snow all around, this will definitely delay the snow clearing operations and opening of the pass.

8. Vargis Khan

Sharing a recent picture of the vistas right now.

srinagar-leh-road-status.jpg

Anas Moideen likes this.
  9. Anas Moideen

Anas Moideen New Member

Is this the Gulaba check post, sir? Also do you think we would be able to go up to Gulaba at least by mid-April?

10. Vargis Khan

Yes Anas Bhai. You can go till Gulaba anytime actually. It is only at Gulaba check post that you won't be allowed to go any further.

Anas Moideen likes this.