Shimla to Chitkul May 2019

Discussion in 'Road Status / Maps' started by Sudhanshu Umalkar, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Sudhanshu Umalkar New Member

Can somebody please provide status of road from Shimla to Chitkul? Planning to visit Chitkul in mid May in own car.

Thanks.

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

It is closed right now but will definitely be open by Mid May.

3. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

You are welcome !!!

5. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Just a few more queries .. how is the road from Shimla to Chitkul? I mean, is it like one-way or narrow or 2-way / sufficiently wide? Asking as this would be my first time driving on that road. I did drive from Pune to Shimla (and back) way back in 2010, but not beyond Shimla. Any other tips / suggestions that you would like to provide for driving on these roads?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

6. jitenderpathania

jitenderpathania Moderator Staff Member

The roads for Shimla to Chitkul is a mixture of Average and Bad roads. Roads are generally OK till Ramgarh. Although you can consider it one way most of the part but passing or crossing other vehicles is generally not a problem.

Cheers !!

Sudhanshu Umalkar likes this.
  7. sajufarhan

sajufarhan New Member

The shimla chitkul road is open now. I visited there last week

8. Sudhanshu Umalkar

How's the road condition? Can you please post few photos of this journey from Shimla to Chitkul?

9. sajufarhan

sajufarhan New Member

The road upto sarahan is ok. After that some bad stretches upto Wangtoo. Karcham to chitkul is narrow.

Enjoy the himalayas and ride✌

IMG-20190417-WA0018.jpg Screenshot_2019-04-23-15-29-55-052_com.google.android.apps.photos.png Screenshot_2019-04-23-15-29-25-359_com.google.android.apps.photos.png Screenshot_2019-04-23-15-29-19-786_com.google.android.apps.photos.png Screenshot_2019-04-23-15-29-02-924_com.google.android.apps.photos.png

10. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Thanks so much for the info. Traveling to Chitkul from Pune (Mah.) next month in Harrier. Hoping to enjoy this part of the drive :)