Shimla to Chitkul May 2019

Discussion in 'Road Status / Maps' started by Sudhanshu Umalkar, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

2. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Sudhanshu Umalkar New Member

Not sure, was just thinking about driving down to Leh / Ladakh in the month of May, nothing finalised though. Was exploring the info and again came across a lot of info from you on roadragas.com :)

3. Vargis Khan

I will recommend planning in June 1st week if you can rather than May.

4. Sudhanshu Umalkar

Sudhanshu Umalkar New Member

I was planning to be there around May 20th considering leaves and holidays of my kids. I did read that it's just beginning of the season and probably some of the places may not be accessible. My primary destinations were Leh, Ladakh, Kargil, Khardung la pass (without fail) and few places around Leh. Did not intend to to complete the circuit by exiting through Manali. So, would it be possible to visit these places in May, or June 1st week increases the probability. Please advise, and again appreciate your help. Thanks.

This is what I had in mind about the duration (roughly 15 days) of trip:

1. Pune to Leh (around 4 days)
    2. Leh and surrounding places (around 4-5 days)
    3. Leh to Pune (around 4 days)
    4. Buffer (2-3 days)

Will also start the separate thread so info gets listed under appropriate head.

5. Vargis Khan

Pune to Leh in 4 days sounds a bit ambitious. You will have to go via Srinagar and and from Delhi itself it takes 4 days to complete the journey.

6. jitenderpathania

jitenderpathania Moderator Staff Member

Correct. Srinagar to Leh will take 2 days. One day is only possible if you start 4 in the morning and reach Leh around Midnight. Not a good Idea I think.

It will take minimum 5 Days for Pune to Leh. That too with long hours of driving.