Spiti Tour 2020

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Chintal Kataria, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Chintal Kataria

Chintal Kataria New Member

Hi Sir
    It’s Chintal Kataria...!
    I read your blogs about Spiti and accordingly me and my friends are planning to go to Spiti, which indeed is a road trip from Gujarat to Spiti by Car, in April 2020. So could you please send me Itinerary and Road details (I mean which are open or no). Can we be able to see SNOW in April..?
    I’ll waiting for your reply.

Thank You Sir

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Yes you will be able to see snow. But in April, you can only via Shimla and come back the same way. You cannot cover Manali at this time.

How many days you have in hand?

3. Chintal Kataria

Chintal Kataria New Member

4. Vargis Khan

That is what I am saying, you cannot do Chandratal, Kunzum Pass and the entire Kaza-Manali route. If you want to cover that as well, then you should postpone your trip by a month and plan in May.

5. Kaushik Kumar Das

Kaushik Kumar Das New Member

Sir,
    We are from Kolkata. We (Me & my wife) intend to travel Spiti valley during August 2020 from Shimla. We propose to follow the itinerary suggested by you till Kibber. We have a mind to trek the Kanamo peak after resting for few days in Kibber. Thereafter, we shall go back to Kolkata via Delhi. I have done some high altitude trek during the past few years, viz, Rudranath & Tunganath/Chandrashila in 2016, Phugtal Monastery(Ladakh) in 2017, Chadar Trek in 2018 & Gomukh/Tapovan in 2019. We need some information for our tour to Spiti valley. (1) Can I get a vehicle for around 20 days with driver alone. Cost of fuel will be borne by me. If available what will be the cost? (2) Can I get guide, porter, tent, etc at Kibber for Kanamo trek? If available, what will be the approx. cost. (3) Is there good 'home stay' facility available at Kibber? Can you provide me contact numbers? I need your valuable suggestion/opinion about my proposed tour.
    Kaushik Kumar Das
    Kolkata

6. Vargis Khan

Hello Mr. Das,

1. For vehicle, please contact Sushil Sharma @ 8894557299. He can give you the exact cost.
    2. Please contact Tanzin @ 9418927312
    3. Please contact Tanzin @ 9418927312