Spiti valley circuit

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by rajkumar. r, Dec 29, 2019.

1. rajkumar. r

rajkumar. r Member

Dear Friend , Is it possible to complete the Spiti valley circuit on a 125 cc scooter riding Solo?. We want to enter from Shimla and Exit via Manali. If it is possible , approximately how much Spare fuel would be needed for us to carry? We need these details for us to plan for the next season? Thank you.

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

It will depend on when you are planning to go Rajkumar Bhai but yes, it is doable. Which scooter are you thinking?

Longest you will go without a petrol pump is from Peo to Kaza and Kaza to Manali, each 200 kilometers long stretch. So accordingly, you can calculate the fuel needed to carry as per the mileage of your scooter and fuel tank size.

3. rajkumar. r

rajkumar. r Member

Thank you Bhai. We have planned for the trip in the end of May. And the Scooter is Suzuki Access. So I think it is enough if we carry around 10 litres of petrol as spare. I need more details about the places. But we have still few more months time. I will contact you later for the details. We are not sure whether to travel by Scooter or by rented bikes. One more doubt is , Will the Rohtang open during the may end or when will we know the status of its opening? We have to fix the dates and should book the flight tickets accordingly. Thank you.

4. Vargis Khan

Yes Bhai .. Rohtang will be open. Bikes will definitely be better than a scooter, will save you a lot of hassle

5. rajkumar. r

rajkumar. r Member

Thank you Vargis Bhai.

6. Shkhendu Paul

Shkhendu Paul New Member

Hi Vargis,
    We have planned a road trip from Chandigarh/Kalka (onwards via Narkanda & return via Manali) on starting the 27th/28th May, 2020 more or less as you have suggested.
    Day 1: Chandigarh/Kalka to Narkanda
    Day 2: Narkanda to Sarahan
    Day 3: Sarahan to Chitkul
    Day 4: Chitkul to Kalpa
    Day 5: Kalpa to Nako/Tabo
    Day 6: Nako/Tabo to Mud Village
    Day 7: Mud-Kaza
    Day 8: Kaza to Kibber, Kaumik, Tashigang, to Kaza
    Day 9: Kaza to Chandratal
    Day 10: Chandratal to Manali
    Day 11: Manali
    Day 12: Manali to Chandigarh

Please suggest if this is fine, should we let this itinerary be or reduce it a bit?
    Should we alter our stay at any point?
    Please let me know that Chandratal be open for tourist by this time?
    Also, would the Kunzum pass and Rohtang pass be open by this time?

7. jitenderpathania

jitenderpathania Moderator Staff Member

Dear Shkhendu Paul

Itinerary looks Good to me. If you want to save a day it could be Day 2 as Narkanda to Sarahan is around 60 kms only.

Also chances to Chandratal open during this period is 50 percent. Vargis Bhai can throw more light on this. So if Chandratal is removed from itinerary then another day is saved. FYI...... Kaza to Manali in a day could be a long tiresome drive.

Rohtang and Kunzum should be open by that time.

8. Vargis Khan

Chandratal too will most probably be open by then.

9. Shkhendu Paul

Shkhendu Paul New Member

Hi Vaggis, If chandratal will not open, then please suggest us the staying location between Kaza to Manali because "jitenderpathania"said Kaza to Manali in a day could be a long tiresome drive.....

10. Vargis Khan

If Chandratal is not open then the Manali Kaza route will not be open as well. You will have to return via Shimla only but chances of that happening are extremely less.