Trekking on foot

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by jack.stalwart, Dec 1, 2019 at 2:10 PM.

1. jack.stalwart

jack.stalwart New Member

Hey, everyone, savvy and not savvy on Ladakh.
    Please help me understand how right the idea of traveling to Ladakh for mountain trekking is.
    I went through a couple mountain treks in Nepal. And have decided to change the scenary for once,
    and have been recommended Ladakh, India for this purpose.
    From reading basic articles on Vargis Khan - My Travel & Photography Blog I have gained the general impression that traveling there from point to point happens by vehicle. Am I right?
    OK, I don't mind traveling by transportation some days and some distances. But is it possible to make such an itinerary that I will have made at least 80 km on foot through any kind of scenic terrain?
    Climbing is not necessarily the point. The point is the beauty of the earth that I can breathe in and catch on my camera.
    If I have Ladakh as the wrong idea for my type of travel, maybe you - whoever hangs around here - can redirect me.
    Thanks! Yura, Russia

2. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Yura,

When are you planning to go?

3. jack.stalwart

jack.stalwart New Member

Hello! It is nice to see you - Vargis - answering in person)
    Well, considering your recommendation, I have picked September as my best option.
    It is important for me, a nature lover and photographer at heart, to see flora and fauna in abundance around.

4. Vargis Khan

Vargis Khan Administrator Staff Member

You are welcome Jack. Sham Valley is where I will recommend trekking in Ladakh. Highly recommended.

Please speak with Rohit in Leh @ 9999622213 or 9910722252. You can chat with him on WhatsApp and he will guide you better in this regard.