Itinerary for kashmir tour

Hirak

I along with my wife are planning to visit kashmir during the month of September. I prepared itinerary as under
Day 1 Airport to Pahalgam, night stay at Pahalgam.
Day 2 night stay at Pahalgam
Day 3 Sinthan top and stay at achabal/kokarnag
Day 4 night stay at yusmarg via anantanag, aharbal waterfall
Day 5&6 night stay at sonmarg
Day 7&8 Srinagar
Day 9 departure
My query is whether this itinerary is workable, whether visiting sinthan pass, aharbal waterfall will be safe?
If not I can visit drass, kargil, parkichik glacier alternative
Kindly suggest, regards

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
I along with my wife are planning to visit kashmir during the month of September. I prepared itinerary as under
Day 1 Airport to Pahalgam, night stay at Pahalgam.
Day 2 night stay at Pahalgam
Day 3 Sinthan top and stay at achabal/kokarnag
Day 4 night stay at yusmarg via anantanag, aharbal waterfall
Day 5&6 night stay at sonmarg
Day 7&8 Srinagar
Day 9 departure
My query is whether this itinerary is workable, whether visiting sinthan pass, aharbal waterfall will be safe?
If not I can visit drass, kargil, parkichik glacier alternative
Kindly suggest, regards

1. Sinthan Pass and Aharbal can be reached, should be OK
2. There is nothing in Yusmarg really, I doubt your wife will like it unless you both want to spend time in complete silence and no one around. It is good for a day's visit. Better to spend the night in Gulmarg
3. Drass, Kargil you can visit but will have to add more days for that. Parkachik Glacier is in Suru Valley so you will have to spend a night in Kargil for that.

Hirak

1. Sinthan Pass and Aharbal can be reached, should be OK
2. There is nothing in Yusmarg really, I doubt your wife will like it unless you both want to spend time in complete silence and no one around. It is good for a day's visit. Better to spend the night in Gulmarg
3. Drass, Kargil you can visit but will have to add more days for that. Parkachik Glacier is in Suru Valley so you will have to spend a night in Kargil for that.
Thank you very much for your kind response. I shall contact Kunal for car. Thanks again.

Hirak

May I request you to prepare an itinerary from sonmarg to parkachik glacier and back to Srinagar. Thanks and regards
Hirak

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you have the name of the glacier right? I think you are confusing between Thajiwas Glacier, Parkachik Glacier, and Drang Drung glacier.

Hirak

No, I mean parkachik glacier. I have read that it's 90 km from kargil and can be reached very near to it by innova. Please enlighten. Thanks and regards

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
No, I mean parkachik glacier. I have read that it's 90 km from kargil and can be reached very near to it by innova. Please enlighten. Thanks and regards

Yes in that case you are right. In that case, you can start early from Sonamarg, drive all the way Parkachik, see the glacier, come back to Kargil and stay there for the day. Or if time allows, you can also come back to Sonamarg, making it a day trip.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
If you want my recommendation, then you should drive all the way to Pensi La Pass and see Drang Drung Glacier. It is a much better sight and view than what you get at Parkachik. But in that case, you will have to come back and stay in Kargil only after taking a really early start from Sonamarg.

Hirak

Can I come back to Srinagar on the next day itself.
Kindly enlighten me one more point please: whether I can view nun and kun peak enroute.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, from Kargil you can come back to Srinagar straight.

Yes, Nun Kun peaks will also be available as you drive from Kargil to Pensi La Pass