The road ridden

killar-to-gulabgarh-22.jpg

And sections like this were the hardest here. Narrow road becoming tougher

killar-to-gulabgarh-23.jpg

Yes! I rode through there

killar-to-gulabgarh-24.jpg

Nearing Gulabgarh

killar-to-gulabgarh-25.jpg

Finally, I reached Gulabgarh. That's the town beside the river below.

killar-to-gulabgarh-26.jpg

I reached Gulabgarh at 5:40 pm and saw a hotel just on the main road and got a room for Rs. 500. Just as I was unloading the bike, it started drizzling which will turn into a heavy downpour at night and the drizzling will continue till 11 am the next day. For a night's stay, the room was okay, don't expect much at such places.

For 120 km, it took me 10 hrs 35mins. My whole body ached and I had intense pain in my palms and wrist. Riding a sports bike isn't easy on such routes. I took a pain killer after dinner and slept early.

Nadeem

Day 3 - Gulabgarh - Kishtwar - Sinthan Top - Daksum - Anantnag - 219 km​

This day was relatively easy than yesterday. I woke up at 6 am and saw that it was still drizzling. I freshened up and started loading my bike and left at 7.20 am. Rainwear was on. I really don't like riding in the rain.

I didn't click many pics for the first few hours. Stopped at a roadside Dhaba and had tea with some snacks. At this place, 3-4 locals were sitting and when I went to sit, I was given so much respect and was asked about my ride and all. And while having tea, listening to their stories was an added bonus. One of the few hidden joys of riding solo is the rider connecting with others/locals instead of his own group.

Chenab river flowing beside the road. Few km after Gulabgarh

gulabgarh-to-kishtwar-1.jpg

gulabgarh-to-kishtwar-2.jpg

gulabgarh-to-kishtwar-3.jpg

gulabgarh-to-kishtwar-4.jpg

The road from Gulabgarh to Kishtwar is 70 km approximately and is a mix of bad and Ok. I tanked up at Kishtwar and took the road for Sinthan Top which is the gateway to Kashmir valley from this side.

Stopped a few km before Kishtwar for a water break.

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-1.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-2.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-3.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-4.jpg

Kishtwar to Sinthan Top is 65 km approximately. The road is good for the most part and deteriorates completely some 25-30 km before the pass. The views are awesome on this route and will get better and better closer to the top.

Beautiful scene with a circular road around this small hill :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-5.jpg

Nadeem

A single village house :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-6.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-7.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-8.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-9.jpg

Huts used by nomads during summers months

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-11.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-12.jpg

Layers :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-13.jpg

Hills got Spikes :supz:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-14.jpg

Loved this scene in black n white :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-15.jpg

Attachments

• kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-10.jpg
    kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-10.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 0

Nadeem

The road going towards the top :whistle:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-16.jpg

Clouds continue to play their game :-({|=

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-17.jpg

Selfie :cool:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-18.jpg

And the sweetheart :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-19.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-20.jpg

The way up

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-21.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-22.jpg

First view of the board at the top :heart:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-23.jpg

I was feeling hungry and thought to have something at the top. On reaching there, I was surprised to see no shack present and only 6 people there clicking pics, 3 youngsters on a bike and 3 adults in a car. The rest of the whole area was empty. I decided to ride up a hill for a better view and get some photographs.

View of the Top from a hilltop :rock:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-24.jpg

It is very windy up here, but the view was worth the cold :supz:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-25.jpg

Nadeem

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-26.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-27.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-28.jpg

The road condition on either side of Board is like day and night. From the Kishtwar side, it is really bad whereas, towards Anantnag, it is fully tarred and awesome for speed runs.

Strange trees :-k

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-29.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-30.jpg

Circular patterns o_O

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-31.jpg

The pass is in the depression between the mountains on the right side :eek:

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-32.jpg

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-33.jpg

Near Daksum

kishtwar-to-sinthan-top-34.jpg

I didn't click many pics after the pass as traffic will start to increase after Daksum and will increase rapidly after crossing Kokernag. I reached Anantnag at 4.30 pm

Nadeem

Day 4 - Anantnag - Jammu - 235 km​

This route is not good for riding these days. There is road construction going on and truck traffic is too much. I had more dust on my clothes in these 6 hrs than I had in the previous 3 days combined. I reached home in 6 hrs 10 mins.

Notes -

Take a BSNL connection with you. You will not get any other network around the Gulabgarh side. Even in Bairagarh, the Airtel network was very weak.

Drink plenty of water. Believe me, you won't pee even after drinking 2lt water. :-#

Take chain lube. Dusty roads will take a toll on the chain and proper lubrication will help a lot in steam inclines.

Talk to locals regarding the route if you aren't sure. They will guide you to their level best.

Avoid riding/driving after dark.

Chetan Tos

Great trip and beautiful pictures. I have been planning this route for a while now, keeping fingers crossed that I will go there this year