Ladakh itinerary

Syam Nidugondi

Hi,
I am Syam N from Hyderabad. We are a family of 3 adults ( wife 48 years, daughter 21 years and I 53 years ) visiting Ladakh in the last week of July 2021. We will be flying from Hyderabad and reaching Leh on 27th July at 11 am and will be flying back on 4th August at 1.30 pm. I have booked accommodation in Leh for 2 days ( 27th and 28th ). On 29th we are planning to go to Nubra valley and stay there for 2 nights ( 29th and 30th ).I haven't booked accommodation there yet. After that I want to stay for two nights in Tso Morri and back to Leh. My queries are
1. Can I travel from Nubra to Tso Morri directly. Will it be too much of a journey in a day ( we have taken long journeys previously like Gurudongmar lake, Munsyari etc. ). If it is so I will come back to Leh from Nubra on 31st and go to Tso Morri on 1st August and back to Leh on 3rd.
2. Is Tso Morri crowded? We are avoiding Pangong Tso as I heard that it is very crowded.
3. Can you suggest any other lake where we can stay peacefully for 2 nights.
4. Would like to visit Yarab Tso lake during our stay in Nubra valley. So which place is better for staying in Nubra valley.
Thanks in advance
Syam

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

1. No you cannot. It is a very long journey for a single day. The best would be to go to Pangong and then go to Tso Moriri from there. If not, you should come back to Leh.
2. No it is not
3. These are the only two lakes where accommodation is available and worthy of spending a day
4. Panamik would be best if you want to trek to Yarab Tso

Syam Nidugondi

Thanks a lot. So I will be coming back to Leh from Nubra valley and go to Tso Morri the next day. I will not be going to Pangong Tso. I read your blog on getting ILP online. So from my itinerary which routes shall I take ILP for. Is it necessary to get it stamped in Leh.
Alternatively can you suggest a place between Nubra valley and Tso Morri where we can spend a day instead of going back to Leh from Nubra valley and then to Tso Morri.
Thanks again
Syam

Last edited:

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot. So I will be coming back to Leh from Nubra valley and go to Tso Morri the next day. I will not be going to Pangong Tso. I read your blog on getting ILP online. So from my itinerary which routes shall I take ILP for. Is it necessary to get it stamped in Leh.
Alternatively can you suggest a place between Nubra valley and Tso Morri where we can spend a day instead of going back to Leh from Nubra valley and then to Tso Morri.
Thanks again
Syam

You will have to get a permit for Nubra Valley and Tso Moriri. Due to the COVID situation these days, you can get it online but do not have to visit the office in Leh to get it stamped.

There is really no other place between Nubra Valley and Leh. The best option would be to stay in Leh City only.

Syam Nidugondi

You will have to get a permit for Nubra Valley and Tso Moriri. Due to the COVID situation these days, you can get it online but do not have to visit the office in Leh to get it stamped.

There is really no other place between Nubra Valley and Leh. The best option would be to stay in Leh City only.
Thank you so much.
Syam