Ladakh - Srinagar trip in September

Praneet Singh

Hello Vargis bhai,
I m planning this year again for a trip to Ladakh - Sonamarg - Srinagar for 18 days altogether.
Last time you helped me out in many things.
Thanks for that again.
This time i need some of ur help again in the following areas :
1. RIVER RAFTING - Phey - nimmu rafting booking related info. ( Agency/operator, booking location, address, any contact number, procedure for booking).
2. HOT AIR BALLOON - How to book, is it operational in Leh or surrounding areas?
( Agency/operator, booking location, address, any contact number, procedure for booking).
Basically , i want proper location/ Number of agency / operator of these adventure sports organizers.

rajkumar. r

Hello Vargis bhai,
I m planning this year again for a trip to Ladakh - Sonamarg - Srinagar for 18 days altogether.
Last time you helped me out in many things.
Thanks for that again.
This time i need some of ur help again in the following areas :
1. RIVER RAFTING - Phey - nimmu rafting booking related info. ( Agency/operator, booking location, address, any contact number, procedure for booking).
2. HOT AIR BALLOON - How to book, is it operational in Leh or surrounding areas?
( Agency/operator, booking location, address, any contact number, procedure for booking).
Basically , i want proper location/ Number of agency / operator of these adventure sports organizers.
1. For River Rafting no need of Advance Booking. You can do on the spot booking. We went there in September 2019. There is a Cafe in the Sangam point. There they do the booking for Rafting. They have three types of Categories by means of Distances. You can book for those after reaching there. Approximately it would take around 3 to 4 hours for 16 km rafting. So plan accordingly.
2. I have no idea about Hot Air Balloon.

Praneet Singh

1. For River Rafting no need of Advance Booking. You can do on the spot booking. We went there in September 2019. There is a Cafe in the Sangam point. There they do the booking for Rafting. They have three types of Categories by means of Distances. You can book for those after reaching there. Approximately it would take around 3 to 4 hours for 16 km rafting. So plan accordingly.
2. I have no idea about Hot Air Balloon.
Thankyu for ur input... it ll b of gr8 help...
Bdw, do yu know anythng abt horse polo / horse riding in nubra valley ?
Or Climbing in Zanskar Suru valley ???

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Thankyu for ur input... it ll b of gr8 help...
Bdw, do yu know anythng abt horse polo / horse riding in nubra valley ?
Or Climbing in Zanskar Suru valley ???

1. There is no horse riding that I know of, only camel riding / safaris
2. What do you mean climbing? If you mean trekking, then yes, there are a few treks out of Zanskar.