Ladakh trip mid-Sep

Anand B

After my last years Sep trip got cancelled I am planning to finally do it this year. There are 3 of us (need 1 more) and will be using my Kodiaq 4wd for the trip.

Doing a full circuit starting from Srinagar and leaving from Manali. Since we will be so close to Chandratal, have added a night there after stopping at Keylong followed by Manali after that.

Any thoughts about the trip? Since we will not be going back on the route except from Nubra to Turtuk and back, i will be carrying extra fuel from Diskit so we reach Tandi to refuel next time.

plan1.jpeg

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
After my last years Sep trip got cancelled I am planning to finally do it this year. There are 3 of us (need 1 more) and will be using my Kodiaq 4wd for the trip.

Doing a full circuit starting from Srinagar and leaving from Manali. Since we will be so close to Chandratal, have added a night there after stopping at Keylong followed by Manali after that.

Any thoughts about the trip? Since we will not be going back on the route except from Nubra to Turtuk and back, i will be carrying extra fuel from Diskit so we reach Tandi to refuel next time.

View attachment 9264

How are you traveling Anand Bhai?

The itinerary looks good between Jalandhar and Chandigarh. The rest I will leave up to you to decide whether you can manage the stretches in a day or not.

The only part is the Karzok to Keylong one. That is a bit of a stretch and you may be required to break the journey at Sarchu.

Anand B

Will be traveling using my own suv, Skoda Kodiaq 4wd. All three of us can drive so early long journeys should not be an issue.