Permit for ILP areas in Ladakh

onkar0088

Hi Vargis bhai hope you are doing well and safe first of all i would like to thank you for helping and saving most of travellers like us in unknown situations while travelling.
I am visiting first time to visit leh ladakh solo on bike from jammu in august first and second week below are my queries.
How will be the weather in august first and second week?
Best places that can be covered in 7 or 10 days?
Which all permits are required and how can i get permits approved online sitting home before coming?
Is easy to understand for solo rider from jammu to leh? anything i can refer to while driving ?
Which all stops covid test report will be required in this or next month.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Onkar

1. You will have to be prepared for the monsoon.
2. You can travel this like

Jammu to Srinagar
Srinagar to Kargil
Kargil to Leh
Leh
Leh to Diskit / Turtuk
Turtuk to Pangong
Pangong to Leh
Leh to Kargil
Kargil to Srinagar via Batalik route
Srinagar to Jammu

3. See this post

4. You will need RTPCR

onkar0088

Thanks alot for guiding on above need help on below aswell.
I have changed my mind travelling to leh direct by flight need your guidance which all places shall i cover in span of 10 days?
Please advise places i can travel by local leh public transport along with duration for each location.
Which all locations should i hire bike to travel is it safe to travel solo by bike?
Any nearby places where i can hike to within a day and comeback?
Need some clarity which all locations can be covered in 10 days and along with duration time required ?
Also which all places are unsafe to travel for solo traveller on bike?

onkar0088

Hi Onkar

1. You will have to be prepared for the monsoon.
2. You can travel this like

Jammu to Srinagar
Srinagar to Kargil
Kargil to Leh
Leh
Leh to Diskit / Turtuk
Turtuk to Pangong
Pangong to Leh
Leh to Kargil
Kargil to Srinagar via Batalik route
Srinagar to Jammu

3. See this post

4. You will need RTPCR
I have changed my mind travelling to leh direct by flight need your guidance which all places shall i cover in span of 10 days?
Please advise places i can travel by local leh public transport along with duration for each location.
Which all locations should i hire bike to travel is it safe to travel solo by bike?
Need some clarity which all locations can be covered in 10 days and along with duration time required ?

onkar0088

One last question which all places i can get RTPCR report from leh ladakh

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member

All the places are doable on the bike, depends on what your budget for a taxi is and your biking experiencce

For RTPCR, Speak with Kunal @ 9910402252