Solo trip (Kashmir)

rawlinsons_army

Hi - due to a (fortunate) turn of events - I have 10 free days in Kashmir before I start the Kashmir Great Lakes trek on July 29. Wanted to check on possible itineraries/ things to do for a solo male traveler between July 18-28? I don't have a personal vehicle. Will be relying on public transport. Willing to trek, camp primarily. Any help would be much appreciated.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi - due to a (fortunate) turn of events - I have 10 free days in Kashmir before I start the Kashmir Great Lakes trek on July 29. Wanted to check on possible itineraries/ things to do for a solo male traveler between July 18-28? I don't have a personal vehicle. Will be relying on public transport. Willing to trek, camp primarily. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you considered traveling towards Ladakh or Zanskar maybe?

rawlinsons_army

Have you considered traveling towards Ladakh or Zanskar maybe?
Hi Sir. Thank you for replying. I have cycled around ladakh extensively, before doing the stok kangri trek in 2019. Broadly familiar with the food and culture. Looking for greener terrains this time. I am thinking of doing Tarsar Marsar lake trek by myself. My understanding is that trails and camping sites are well marked and safe. That should take care of 5-6 days. Maybe go see Gurej valley/ Gulmarg for 2-3 days and then do the KGL trek with my trekking agency. Would you know if Tarsar Marsar is doable alone?

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sir. Thank you for replying. I have cycled around ladakh extensively, before doing the stok kangri trek in 2019. Broadly familiar with the food and culture. Looking for greener terrains this time. I am thinking of doing Tarsar Marsar lake trek by myself. My understanding is that trails and camping sites are well marked and safe. That should take care of 5-6 days. Maybe go see Gurej valley/ Gulmarg for 2-3 days and then do the KGL trek with my trekking agency. Would you know if Tarsar Marsar is doable alone?

To be honest, I am not aware of Tarsar Marsar lake but Gurez and Gulmarg are definitely doable. You can speak with Faisal @ 9596410670 in Srinagar and he can guide you about the trek. He s a local so he can also suggest a couple of other offbeat places