Srinagar-Leh road status 2021

akhilgoel

Hi I am planning to travel to Leh from Srinagar around 15 April 2021, wanted to know how can I know the road status for Srinagar-Leh, Is there a website or office I can call and know the current status.
thanks,
Akhil

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I am planning to travel to Leh from Srinagar around 15 April 2021, wanted to know how can I know the road status for Srinagar-Leh, Is there a website or office I can call and know the current status.
thanks,
Akhil

It is open right now

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
I checked with many tour operators in Srinagar and Leh, they all said it is closed.

It is early in the season so there will is a lot of snow on the road and hence the doubt. It was opened in March itself this year but there was heavy snowfall at Zoji La on 28th and 29th due to which it was closed again for a few years. This will continue in April. The pass will keep getting closed and reopened as and when it snows at the top.

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you are carrying your COVID negative report done within the last 96 hours of your trip. You will not get a hotel anywhere otherwise

Vargis Khan

Administrator
Staff member
I just had a word with my contact in Sonamarg. It was closed again on Friday and even today it is snowing over there. It will be probably 2-3 days again before the connectivity is restored if the weather clears.